Museums Victoria - In Principle Agreement Reached
CPSU can confirm that an in-principle agreement has been reached for a new enterprise agreement at Museums Victoria.
What CPSU members have gained through bargaining
- 2 % Salary increase backdated to March 2020
- Further Salary increases from December 2020 and through 2021,2022,&2013
- 1.25% Agility payments on July 1 every year with first
payment on implementation of the agreement
- Increase overtime cap
- Changes to the definition of immediate family for
- Increase to 16 weeks for Primary Caregiver for Parental
- Increase to 4 weeks for secondary Caregiver
- Extra leave under Parental Leave Pre Natal leave,
Pre-adoption Leave, Permanent Care Leave, Grandparent Leave
- Surrogacy Leave
- Foster and Kinship leave
- Paid Superannuation on unpaid Parental Leave up to 52 weeks
- Family Violence Leave for Casuals
- Gender Equity Clause
- Gendered Violence clause
CPSU and our delegates bargained tirelessly to protect the entitlements and conditions in the current agreement.
- MV wanted to increase the span of hours 7.00pm to
12.00am with no penalties
- MV then wanted the span of hours to be 7.00pm to
10.00pm with no penalties
- Museum Spaces span of hours 6.00am to 11.00pm with no
- MV wanted to introduce a new Maximum Term Contract
- MV wanted to change penalty rates
- MV wanted to implement a change that would see
Irregular part time members worse off
Members meetings to discuss the achievements.
Tuesday 2 March
Wednesday 3 March
8.30am -9.30am Join the meeting
10.00-11.00am Join the meeting
4.00pm – 5.00pm Join the meeting
1.00pm -2.00pm Join the meeting
MV are currently drafting the new agreement. Please contact our CPSU Industrial Organiser Donna Shell if you have any questions.
CPSU continues to advocate for members interests, and this is an opportunity to remind your colleagues about the benefits of union membership.