AEC Election Notice E2020/12 - Stage 2
The AEC has now called for nominations to complete the Stage 2 election for Victorian Branch Councillors which has been delayed because of Covid-19. Nominations are called for:
- Federal Council Delegates from Branch (4)
- Federal Council Delegate/Branch Representative to the Federal Executive (1)
Nominations, which must be in writing and comply with the registered rules of the Organisation, may be made at any time from 5/07/2021.
A nomination form is available for electronic completion on the AEC Portal, www.aec.gov.au/ieb/. However, the nomination form must then be lodged in accordance with the Organisation's rules (see below).
Additional forms are available from the Returning Officer.
Prospective candidates and nominators should verify their financial status and any other qualifications required by the Organisation's rules prior to lodging nominations.
Nominations must reach the Returning Officer via the lodgement method(s) stipulated below not later than 12:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 19/07/2021.
How to lodge nominations, nominations must be lodged via the following method(s):
By Portal: Australian Electoral Commission Portal, www.aec.gov.au/ieb/
By Email: A properly completed nomination form including all necessary signatures and attachments may be scanned and submitted as a pdf file to IEBnominations@aec.gov.au
The subject line for the email should read “E2020/12 Nomination” and include your name.
1. Emails to the AEC inbox that appear to be spam may be blocked. It is the responsibility of senders to ensure that their email reaches the AEC before the deadline for nominations.
2. In order to be able to be received by the AEC, emails (including attachments) should be no greater than 6 MB in size.
3. You may call 03 9285 7111 to enquire about the status of your nomination.
PLEASE DO NOT LODGE NOMINATION FORMS BY HAND OR BY RETURN POST
Nominations cannot be withdrawn after 12:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 26/07/2021.
The ballot, if required, will open on 10/08/2021 and close at 11:30am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 7/09/2021.