Vaccinated Economy Trials in regional Victoria
The first stage of the Vaccinated Economy Trials will begin from tomorrow, Monday 11 October, at regional venues across Victoria.
Fourteen venues and events in six local government areas will operate with higher capacity and density limitsunder the 70 per cent double dose settings.
The participants in the Vaccinated Economy Trials are:
- Bass Coast – North Pier Hotel in Cowes, Churchill Island Cafe
- Buloke – Terminus Hotel in Wycheproof
- East Gippsland – East Gippsland Art Gallery in Bairnsdale, Lakes Squash and Movie Theatre in Lakes Entrance
- Greater Bendigo – Anglican Church of Australia in Flora Hill, Bendigo Art Gallery, Village Cinemas in Bendigo, Body Fit Training in Bendigo
- Pyrenees – Avoca Hotel
- Warrnambool – Darlings of Beauty, Roberts One Real Estate, Warrnambool Racing Club (race meeting), Warrnambool Art Gallery.
The trials will allow real-world testing of the vaccine certification technology and confirm the best processes for establishing vaccination status. They will also help fine-tune training for staff, support for business owners and public communication of vaccine requirements.
Victorians attending a Vaccinated Economy Trial business or event will be asked to show they are fully vaccinated with:
- a COVID-19 digital certificate displayed through the Service Victoria app, the Medicare app, or a smartphone wallet, or
- a printed version of their certificate or immunisation history statement, or
- provide evidence of a valid exemption.
From tomorrow, Victorians can add their COVID-19 digital certificate to the Service Victoria app through MyGov or the Express Medicare Plus App.
Regionally based trial case managers from the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions will assist each business throughout the trials.
For more information, please visitwww.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaccinated-economy-trials