FWC Approves Education Support Staff Agreement
The Fair Work Commission has approved and signed off on the Victorian Government Schools Agreement 2022.
The agreement comes into effect on 25 July 2022.
Some improvements contained in the new agreement include:
- Provision of laptops for education support staff
- 2% wage increases per annum paid in two 6 monthly instalments each year
- A new Positional Allowance equal to 1% of total salary paid as a lump sum annually to ES Level 2 or Level 1 Ranges 3 to 5 or Level 1 Range 2 subdivision 2-8
- Structural adjustments to classifications that will lift the starting salaries for education support staff
- Level 1 Range 3 now the minimum starting level for Business Managers
- Allowances increased in line with salary increases
- Paid time lactation breaks
- Broadened the definition of immediate family
- Inclusion of superannuation contributions on unpaid parental leave taken in the first 12 months of an employee’s parental leave
- Paid maternity leave increased from 14 weeks to 16 weeks
- Paid partner leave increased from 1 week to 4 weeks
- Improved cultural and ceremonial leave provisions
- Public holidays to include Easter Sunday and the Friday before the AFL men’s grand final
- Inclusion of grandparent leave clause
- Additional consultation over major change and changes to regular rosters and ordinary hours of work
CPSU acknowledges the hard work of our delegates throughout the negotiations, while also thanking all members for their patience and engagement throughout this process.