Flood Relief Financial Assistance

Updated 11 months ago

Sending solidarity to all our affected members including those responding to this crisis.  If CPSU can assist in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

In Unity,

CPSU Victorian Branch Secretary / Federal Secretary

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Flood Relief Assistance

Federal Government:  

Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment: A lump sum of $1000 per adult and $400 for each child younger than 16 for any residents seriously affected in the following areas: Campaspe, Greater Shepparton, Maribyrnong, Mitchell Shire, Strathbogie.

New Zealanders in these areas can also get the payment.

You will need to link Centrelink to your myGov account. More information here:

Disaster Recovery Allowance: Payment equivalent to the maximum JobSeeker Payment or Youth Allowance for lost income as a direct result of the Victorian Floods in the following areas: Alpine, Benalla, Buloke, Campaspe, Central Goldfields, Corangamite, Gannawarra, Greater Bendigo, Greater Shepparton, Hepburn, Horsham, Loddon, Macedon Ranges, Mansfield, Maribyrnong, Mitchell, Moira, Moonee Valley, Murrindindi, Northern Grampians, Pyrenees, Strathbogie Wangaratta.

You need to earn less than the average Australian weekly income in the weeks after you had this income loss.

New Zealanders can also get the above payment.  

You will need to link Centrelink to your myGov account. More information here:

Victorian Government:

Victorian emergency relief assistance payments of $560 per adult and $280 per child. You can apply here:

Personal Hardship Assistance Program’s Emergency Re-establishment Assistance fund, only available for the hardest hit, providing up to $42,250 for uninsured properties.

You will need to call the Flood Recovery Hotline 1800 560 760 to inquire about the re-establishment assistance.

Crisis Accommodation: 250 beds will open today (Tuesday) for crisis accommodation at the Mickleham facility.

You will need to call Emergency Management Victoria’s Food Recovery Hotline 1800 560 760 to receive a referral.

arrow-up icon