Industrial Action Item 7: Indefinite or Periodic Industrial Action in the Form of Not Complying with the Public Sector Restrictions on Public Comment

Updated 22/04/2016

The industrial action

Action 7: Indefinite or periodic industrial action in the form of not complying with the Public Sector Standards Commissioners restrictions on public comment as set out in section 3.5 of the Code of Conduct for Victorian Public Sector Employees (No 1) 2007.


How to implement this industrial action

To undertake action under this ban you could call a talk back radio station or write a letter to a newspaper and say that you work in the public sector including where you work, and then give an opinion relating to the behaviour or policy of your department or workplace. Equally you can contact CPSU to coordinate a group conference to talk about these issues with the media.


What are my rights and responsibilities in relation to protected Industrial Action?

Read the article on Members' Rights At Work to get more information about your rights and responsibilities when taking Protected Industrial Action.


Industrial Action Checklist
Legally you must comply with very specific requirements before commencing industrial action, otherwise you will not be protected and may suffer adverse actions from your employer. This means you need to follow the exact industrial action as authorised by our Protected Action Ballot. In particular check:
  • The employer has been given 72 hours notice that you will be undertaking the specific industrial action.
  • The action you take is exactly as described on this page.
  • Ring the union and ask your organiser if you are unsure.


Return to Industrial Action Home

Associated labels